Fire Damage Restoration Services
Reasons to use ServiceMaster for Fire Damage Restoration:
- Free Fire Damage Restoration Estimates.
- 24 Hr Fire Damage Emergency Service.
- 1-3 hour onsite arrival.
- Experienced. In business since 1962.
- Minimize Fire Damage and save money.
- IICRC Certified and trained Supervisors on every job.
- Emergency Board-ups available.
- Packout and Storage service available.
- We use the latest technology & equipment to contain and remove soot & odor (Hepa Vacuums, Airscrubbers, Ozone, Nano Particles, etc.)
- Insured losses welcome. We work with every Insurance Company to make the paperwork process easier for everyone involved.
- Uninsured or self pay losses welcome. We still use discounted Insurance Company pricing.
ServiceMaster Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration | Tips and What Not To Do!
If you’re in the midst of a disaster, ServiceMaster can help. Call 703-631-0544. In the meantime, here are some ways to mitigate the Fire damage yourself.
What To Do If You Have Fire Or Smoke Damage:
1. Oriental or area rugs: Roll up to prevent additional soiling from walking on them.
2. Food: Discard open food packages. The food could be contaminated.
3. Refrigerator: If electrical service is off, clean out your freezer and refrigerator. Leave the doors propped open or place charcoal in the unit.
4. Clothing: Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified professional dry cleaner that specializes in smoke damage.
5. Prevent Damage: Clean Formica and chrome fixtures in the kitchen and bathroom to prevent permanent tarnishing. Wipe residue from porcelain bath fixtures to prevent etching.
6. Heating and Cooling System: Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air. Tape cheesecloth over intake and outlet air registers to capture any loose soot in the air.
7. Odor: If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
8. Do Not Wait: Call for professional help. Smoke and soot do more damage as they sit.
Important Warnings on Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration
-Do not attempt to wash any papered or flat painted walls without consulting your professional cleaner.
-Incorrect cleaning procedures could compound the soot residue problem.
-Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture. Again, incorrect procedures could increase damage.
-Do not use electrical appliances that have been close to fire or water before having them checked. They could malfunction.
-Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. A short circuit could result.
-Do not touch anything. Oil on your hands can permeate upholstery, walls, and woodwork, causing further damage.
For Fire Damage Restoration Service Call ServiceMaster at 703-631-0544